Birth Doula Services:
* 1 to discuss the client’s desires and possible childbirth preparation
* 1 prenatal visit to your OB with you
* 2 to engage in pre-birth exercises and to discuss any unresolved questions or concerns before delivery.
* Phone and email support as needed during pregnancy and immediate postpartum period.
* Emotional and physical support during labor and birth.
* Patient self-advocacy during labor and birth. Helping the client know when there is a need to speak up in order for preferences to be respected by the hospital staff.
* One of the two complementary options:
– Placenta Encapsulation – Clear Gelatin (Vegan or non) capsules, Berry flavored/colored available for an additional fee
– A 6 hour private childbirth class in your home with a professional curriculum.
* A postpartum visit sometime between two days and one month after delivery. This is a time to ask any questions the client may have regarding the baby and lactation, to review the birth and to give our feedback regarding the doula’s role.
(Childbirth classes and Placenta Encapsulation will be billed as an additional fee for births booked in 2018)
An often unused form of paying for your doula is your HSA or FSA. What better way to use the money you’ve put into these accounts but towards helping decrease the risk of a Cesarean section surgery.